VoIP gateways bridge the gap between traditional telephony networks and IP networks to reduce operating costs and deliver the VoIP features.
A VoIP gateway is a valuable device for businesses that are looking to make the switch to business VoIP services but have the infrastructure in place that makes it expensive or impractical to switch entirely to VoIP.
VoIP gateways convert raw telephony traffic into data packets that can be transmitted over the internet.
Reduce costs with a 'hybrid' approach
Upgrading an entire office to VoIP can be very expensive. Besides the cost of new phones, there are the PBX infrastructure costs, IT support costs, as well as the time and resources required to train staff on the new equipment.
To overcome these issues, some businesses favour a “hybrid” approach, combining their existing on-site equipment with VoIP gateways to get many of the advantages of VoIP while still retaining the same reliability and familiarity.
VoIP gateways work both ways. When a voice call is coming from an IP network, the VoIP gateway decompresses and decodes the signal for transmission across the PSTN. When the voice traffic is coming from the PSTN, the VoIP gateway encodes the traffic to be used over IP.
Yeastar TE Gateways - TE100/200
Single or dual-port VoIP E1/T1/J1 gateway
Cost-effective additions to an existing phone system to get VoIP benefits. Up to 60 concurrent calls. Ideas for small businesses.
- Software configurable E1/T1/J1 ports
- Up to 60 simultaneous VoIP to ISDN calls
- Cost-effective call routing
- Connect existing ISDN PBX to VoIP
- Connect VoIP-only system to ISDN
- Connect multiple PABX at different sites
TE100 PRI Gateway
TE200 PRI Gateway
Yeastar TB Gateways - TB200/TB400
Compact Standalone VoIP BRI gateway
Yeastar TB200/400 is a compact and reliable standalone VoIP BRI gateway (BRI-VoIP/VoIP-BRI) offering 2 or 4 BRI ports for companies using ISDN BRI lines an easy, cost-effective and flexible integration into any VoIP system or enabling any IP PBX to be connected to the public ISDN network.
- Software configurable TE/NT modes for easy integration
- ISDN PBX has access to VoIP network
- Preserve investment on PBX infrastructure
- Additional ISDN BRI trunking for IP-PBX
- Cost savings on phone calls via VoIP
- ISDN compliant and proven interoperability
- Interoperable with Elastix and Lync Server
- Compatible with various ISDN PBX, IP-PBX, and softswitch
- Low power consumption for your green office
The Yeastar TB200 offers 2 BRI ports while the TB400 offers 4 ports.